Darkness and Light Academy
Thank you for logging in.
Thank you for logging in.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Constellar Pollux and other varients.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Knuffle
Sinister Chaos
Knuffle

CC : 30

Constellar Pollux and other varients. Empty
PostSubject: Constellar Pollux and other varients.   Constellar Pollux and other varients. EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:18 am

I was going to post this earlier but didn't get time to but here goes. This topic has riddled mean since I heard the rulings people were going with with Constellar Pollux and other condition like effects.

The effect reading "During the turn this card was Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set." Apparently this effect cannot be negated by cards like Effect Veiler and Fiendish Chain. It could be negate with Skill Drain if Skill Drain was already active on the field. This is all according to OCG Rulings. The problem with it lies with the TCG Rulings. There is another card that has been in play before Pollex and such had this effect. The card is Dverg of the Nordic Alfar.

With Dverg already having its own rulings for the TCG format, official word from Konami, Dverg effect can be negated with the said mention of cards. That is the TCG Ruling. But why are the others exempt? Well not anymore. It seems Konami noticed this after duelist brought it to their attention. They have made a new ruling for all Dverg and Pollux varients. To which you can negate these cards with cards like skill drain and Effect Veiler as long as you do it upon summon. The ruling is on the wikia, please look at it when you have time.

tl:dr Effect Veiler can now negate Constellar Pollux and such.
Back to top Go down
Dust
Admin
Dust

CC : 79

PostSubject: Re: Constellar Pollux and other varients.   Constellar Pollux and other varients. EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:29 pm

I read the article, and it left me a little confused, so thanks for explaining it better. I'm happy about this ruling considering now Dragunity can main Veiler and be able to stop Ophion plays in Evilswarm, which will help that matchup. It will also cause me to main Veiler.
Back to top Go down
https://darknesslightacademy.forumotion.com
Knuffle
Sinister Chaos
Knuffle

CC : 30

PostSubject: Re: Constellar Pollux and other varients.   Constellar Pollux and other varients. EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:34 am

Well, Something just happened. It seems that this ruling is revoked. It will go back to its original rulings. They also changed the card Dverg to work like Pollux now. So instead of crippling Pollux and variants by making it like Dverg, It is now the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Dust
Admin
Dust

CC : 79

PostSubject: Re: Constellar Pollux and other varients.   Constellar Pollux and other varients. EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Knuffle wrote:
Well, Something just happened. It seems that this ruling is revoked. It will go back to its original rulings. They also changed the card Dverg to work like Pollux now. So instead of crippling Pollux and variants by making it like Dverg, It is now the other way around.

That's really weird I wonder why that happened.
Back to top Go down
https://darknesslightacademy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Constellar Pollux and other varients.   Constellar Pollux and other varients. Empty

Back to top Go down

Constellar Pollux and other varients.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darkness and Light Academy :: Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG :: Yu-Gi-Oh TCG/OCG Gossip-
Jump to: